Monday 30 July 2012

Challenge on hold!

Last week (Tuesday 24/7/2012), whilst playing football, as I went into a tackle the other guy stretched for the ball. He fell as he stretched and my foot got scissored between his legs and got twisted as he fell. After going to A and E the following morning and having x-rays and a CT scan, it turned out I had fractured 1-2 bones in my foot and damaged some ligaments. The damaged ligaments required an operation which I had on Friday (27/7/2012) and got back home on Saturday.

Doctor says potentially 3 months of non weight bearing on my foot which is a long time but I'll be doing everything correctly to make sure it is right and fully repaired for when I can train again! Will take a bit of patience to wait until I can walk on it again but I'll be doing as much as possible to get back to fitness!

So my challenge has to be put on hold for now, I will be waiting until I am fully fit again and able to run the distance properly before finishing it off. I will keep you posted on my progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment