Monday 13 May 2013

Back running and planning to complete my challenge :)

So for the last month or so I have been back running! Very exciting given I had 8-9 months without going for a run which was very frustrating. Every week that passes and with every run or gym session my foot feels stronger and stronger!

Therefore, I feel it's time to crack on and finish my challenge! I have signed up for Run to the Beat half marathon in September, the one I completed being pushed round in a wheelchair, which will be my first one back. A fitting comeback I feel!

I may have to change some of the races however. The August 'Cross the bay' half marathon I don't think will be a good idea to do as my first one back and Bristol is only a week after Run to the Beat so may give that one a miss. Thinking of swapping in Leicester and Cardiff in October, both of which I have done before and are fantastic races!

The training starts now :) and as I haven't posted this yet, here is a little x-ray of my foot with the bit of screw that has been left in! Won't affect me though so bring on the rest of my challenge!

Yours, the bionic man

No comments:

Post a Comment